Friday, February 10, 2012

Preservation - WTF?

Quick update on Preservation for anyone who 1) may still care, and 2) stumbles upon this blog...

The visuals are all done and locked. Been done for a few months, but I'm terrible at progress updates. Anyway, the VFX are finished and I've moved on to sound editing - which I hate....but it needs to get done, so I'm plugging away at it.

So far I've been working on it for about two days. The first pass is editing the dialogue - making sure that everything flows correctly - no clicks, pops, etc....adding in all the re-recorded dialogue, yadda yadda. I'm 30 minutes into the movie.

After that I'll go back and start cutting in all the sound effects and foley sound. Then the music (some of which still needs to be written) will get cut in, and then I go back and do one final sound pass to mix all the levels. After that, I just need to go through and color correct everything and slap some credits on the end.

Well, better get back to it. If the Mayans are correct I only have until December to wrap this up. Work has been pretty slow the last two months which has proved to be conducive to the process, but a pain in the ass to my bank account.

More as I finish.

No comments: