Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sound Effects, etc.

Now that the dialogue has been edited together, I need to move on to sound effects and foley work. Basically all the sounds other than dialogue and music that need to be in the film. Yesterday I went through the film scene by scene and mapped out what sounds I need and where they are supposed to go. The total list is somewhere around 322 sounds or so.

Anyway, before I can cut the sounds into the film, I actually have to go and record them (obviously). Now, a couple of years ago (2008, I think) Rufus, Nick and I actually did do some recording of sounds for the movie. I think we got about 60, but having just listened to them again I realize that a few need to be re-recorded. And I think there are more sounds on my new list than were on the original list from 2008 but the edit has changed here and there so I'm not really surprised.

So, the task at the moment is to go through the list of sounds and see which ones I can get from sound effects/foley libraries, which ones I may already have from another past production or two, and which ones I will have to record myself. Once I have done that I will collect all the sounds together on my computer and begin the process of cutting them into the film.

Then, onward to sound mixing!

Later!

No comments: