Friday, February 25, 2011

16 Pages

Today is a gray, bleak, rainy, demotivating sort of day. Not that I will let that stop me from getting things done but, as a way of procrastinating just a little bit, I thought I'd type out a quick update of yesterday.

Yesterday was a pretty productive day for me, which I am rather pleased about. On one hand, no money in the door, but on the other hand lots of creative stuff got done.

I sat down and managed to write 16 pages of script for 'The Chrononauts' yesterday. That felt pretty good considering I have to take a crowbar to my brain and pry out every last word that I put on paper (or, uh, the computer screen). Sometimes, however, it's not the words that you type out but the mere act of writing something. I know that I can't shape this story into something that I think will be really cool until I have a crap draft to guide me. Revision is always easier than the initial creation.
Anyway, with those 16 pages from yesterday I'm up to a total of 81 pages. I have four more chapters of the story to write, and then I will have a completed first draft! Then begins the process of throwing most of that draft out and shaping the script into something that can be shot. But, one step at a time!

Also, yesterday I managed to work on (and mostly finish) another VFX shot for 'Preservation'. That made me happy because any completed work that gets me closer to that finish line is a good thing.

Now I'm off to eat some lunch and try to push myself again today. More writing, more compositing, etc. Just gotta keep pushing forward.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to my friend Markus Harris!

Later!

Rob

1 comment:

Nick said...

It's important to keep pushing ourselves, but not to overreach. That's the balance to strike as creative artists, I think.