Wednesday, August 11, 2010

One page at a time...

Over the last week I've been attempting to write the rough draft of 'The Chrononauts'. It has proved to be challenging - not because I don't know where the story goes - but more because of other things going on in life. Trying to get the apartment organized for my parents' visit, running around to different wedding type places.....lots of stuff. So, it's going a little slower than I'd hoped, BUT, I did manage to complete a rough draft of the first three chapters so far.

Today Nick came over for about an hour and we read through them, and I was surprised that they sounded better than I'd thought they were going to. I hadn't gone back to read any of what I'd written before this because I didn't want to get stuck doing revisions on a rough draft without just pushing through and finishing said draft. So, getting to read it today and hear it was pretty helpful. I'm still not going to go back and re-write anything yet (even though there are definitely some changes I'd make) I'm going to keep pushing forward toward finishing the whole draft. Nick, on the other hand has what I've written already, and can sort of "follow behind me" working a next draft out of what has already been written. Then, when I get to the end, I'll go back to Chapter One (of his revisions), and work on revising that - "following behind him". And we'll keep dancing that dance until we have a shootable script.

Other than that, I've been hanging out with my parents the last few days, and Robin's mom as well. We did tourist-y things yesterday in Philly and that was fun. Saw the Liberty Bell, Betsy Ross's house, and inside Independence Hall (which I'd never seen the inside of before even though I was born and raised here). Also saw a kick-ass possible location for some Chrononauts stuff near the Betsy Ross house.

That's about it. More work to do. More fun to have.

Catch ya later!

Rob

1 comment:

Nick said...

The Zamboni approach to screenwriting, I believe you called it earlier today. We should write a book.