Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Script Writing and Rendering

What do script writing and rendering computer generated images have in common you might ask?

They take FOREVER to complete.

And they both need to happen in order to have yourself a finished movie. (Unless you have no CGI in your film, but whatever)

So, as I write this I am taking a short break from some writing work on the rough (or crap, as some might say) draft of the first season of 'The Chrononauts', and my computer is also rendering part of an FX shot for Preservation. Two movies at once!!

The writing is coming along well enough, I guess. I finished Episode 1, and I'm a little over halfway through Episode 2. I'm kinda hoping to finish Episodes 2 and 3 before bed. We'll see. It definitely helps to have the story outlined beat for beat. Keeps me more focused as to what to write. Still takes time though. So I just plug away one page at a time, and eventually it will be finished.

Then we'll revise it like fifteen times, and maybe then we can shoot it!

There's really less to tell about the CGI rendering for 'Preservation'. The computer takes care of most of the work there. I just go do other stuff, cause it's like watching paint dry. In any case, it needs to be done. So there ya have it. A few more hours, and a TON of compositing and color correcting later, and I'll have another completed shot for the movie. One step closer there!

All in all, it's nice to keep productive - especially when I don't have much (any) work coming in and I'm trying to avoid thinking about being broke.

I guess that's it for now. Off to get a frozen fruit bar!! Mmm....cherry.

Later!

Rob

1 comment:

Nick said...

Nice to read the posts! Three in a week, this must be the wrong blog...