Monday, August 2, 2010

Re-animated like a Zombie

MMMmmm.......BBBbbraaains!!!



Sorry. No, not a zombie, not undead - just really lazy. So, sort of the same thing. Anyway, it's been a long time since I posted anything here. So long, in fact, that I had to ask Nick what the address of my blog was.

Anyway, I'm here now. Thought I'd try to start doing some more blogging about the projects I'm working on - (some that I'm STILL working on), and some upcoming projects.

Right now the two main projects are trying to FINISH 'Preservation', (GAH!), and proceeding through development on a web series that is based on a short film that we made two years ago called 'The Chrononauts'. Right now that is also the working title for the series, though who knows if it will change or not.

Preservation:

The movie actually is in a very close to finished place. Even a lot of the FX are done. There are a few that I'm still working on - (it's been slow though because of paying work, and because I've had to actually develop some techniques to do some of the shots) The film is getting there, though. We've got some music in place, and we're looking to have more written. Most of the dialogue re-recording is edited in, and we have a lot of the sound fx recorded. Just have to add that stuff in, do a sound mix, and color correct. Then we show it somewhere, at some time. Stay tuned for more info about that.

The Chrononauts:

Development is going well for this. It's been an ongoing process for about two years, during which time the project has gone from being a web series to being a feature film, back to being a web series again. This time, web series is where it will stay. Although we are in many ways still writing/developing it like a feature film - just one that will be cut into 13 separate 8 minute episodes. We will also likely shoot it like a feature film so that we have all of it ready to go once we premiere the first episode.

Today Nick and I finished the story outlines for the whole first season, and it's pretty sweet so far. Lots of action, adventure, suspense and the like. We also have a pretty decent idea of where the rest of the series will go. (How many seasons, how the whole thing ends, etc.)

So, now it just needs to be written. I'm going to take a crack at the first pass over this next week, and we'll see how far I get by next Wednesday. Then we'll do the revision thing, and start trying to put together info packages, and ways of raising the money to shoot. Don't know when we'll actually start shooting, but (like always) I'm pushing for sooner rather than later. Although I want the final product to be really good, so that will ultimately dictate the timeline of the process. But if I have my way, the first episode will hit the interwebs on Friday, November 11, 2011.

We'll see.

Until then I still have Preservation to finish, and a couple of short films that need to be put on final dvds.

More info about that as we go. Hopefully I can make myself keep up with this blog this time.

Anyway, that's it for now. Catch you later - and remember:

"Accept the Paradox"

(it will make sense eventually)

No comments: